Domestic Goddesses

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I love Retro Clip Art



It's just so much fun. I think I need to put more of it in my posts to spice them up.

So I've been going on about the bathroom process, which I've left for a week or so to see how the contact paper will fare on my hamper. So far, so good - I think I'll do another strip tonight and see how that goes. Loving the slow but sure process.

Next, that awful sink. What mental patient (apologies if any mental patients are reading this) paints a bathroom GOLD AND BLACK? Yes, you read that right - and that's what color was under the multiple layers of paint and primer I've scraped off my bathroom door and hamper. What in the world is THAT? I've already ranted about the awful black faux marble sink with threads of gold - don't make me go back there. Maybe I'll get to Rag Shop this weekend or next and pick out some fabric for that skirt. I need to drag Stacey with me, so I may have to wait until her after her folks' visit. Or maybe I'll just go and take a chance on something myself.... which could be quite terrifying.

My plant is thriving! Cute little spider plant, so happy with its new lease on life after so many years languishing in the living room. I think I'll install a hook in the ceiling by my bedroom window and hang another plant there. Viva foliage!

4 Comments:

  • Did you make it to the Rag Shop?

    By Blogger Stacey, At 3:26 PM  

  • I did yesterday, actually! I bought yarn for a dog sweater for my mom's new doggie. :-) And no, didn't buy any fabric for the sink skirt. I hang my head in shame. (That, and I didn't take measurements with me - blast!)

    By Blogger Roe, At 10:17 AM  

  • Michaels is having a "Yarn Event" this week!

    By Blogger Stacey, At 2:25 PM  

  • Really?? I wanna go!

    By Blogger Roe, At 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home