Domestic Goddesses

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Wonder of Contact Paper

So Mike bought a roll of contact paper a couple of months ago to line some of our kitchen shelves with and give me something a little more pleasing to look at when I open the cabinet up. We have a healthy amount left, and I've been eyeing up the wall spaces behind my sink and stove. I think I may have to investigate further.

The paper is greyish-blue and looks pebbled, if that makes sense. My kitchen is currently yellow with french blue doors on the cabinets. Will I mbe making my kitchen look even more like a hot mess? Could be. But since I'm dying for a change, perhaps now is the time to find out.

Bathroom - that door. It's peeled (courtesy of me and my middle of the night projects) and chipped and my darling husband keeps blathering about how he'll get the super in to do it. So I chip away at it a little more every time I'm in there - OCD, much? If there's one thing I've learned, it's that if I don't just do it, it'll look like a Salvation Army.

I think the next series of Girls' Night Outs should involve us gathering at one home at a time and working on renovations. Anyone with me?

5 Comments:

  • In a few weeks, it's hallway painting time...

    By Blogger Stacey, At 3:16 PM  

  • Nice, I'll get a drop cloth and bring chips and hummus.

    By Blogger Roe, At 11:30 AM  

  • Sweet...

    I just fixed the toilet again this weekend...

    By Blogger Stacey, At 12:09 PM  

  • Ew. Ours is pulling away from the floor, have to get that looked at.

    By Blogger Roe, At 10:51 AM  

  • I've now officially on my third flush lever, and second flapper.

    By Blogger Stacey, At 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home