Domestic Goddesses

Monday, August 21, 2006

Waffles!

So I love waffles. And while I do have a freezer full of Vans and Eggos, I love fresh waffles. There is nothing like biting into a fresh waffle, with buttery, syrupy goodness. So I decided to listen to the newest commandment from Alton and make my own freezer waffles.

I don't have flour in the house currently (hey, cut me some slack - I was doing a lot of cooking and baking and ran out) so I went with a mix. Don't judge me, I still cooked! I had Jiffy baking mix in the cupboard from my Chicken & Biscuits recipe and whipped up a waffle batter, then busted out my waffle iron. Yes, I do actually have one. Got it for my bridal shower eight years ago and can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used it - until now, because waffles really aren't that difficult to make. I was just uneducated before.

A quick scoop in the center of each waffle area and I was rocking. (Don't forget to spray the waffle iron - I did the first time around, and had to clean the darned things with a toothbrush before I could try again.) Those buttery, syrupy beauties melted in my mouth. Mmm...

I let the rest of the batch, about 8, cool off and zipped them into a freezer bag, stashing them in the freezer. This morning, I decided to treat myself to their syrupy goodness once more, and popped 'em in the toaster.

They warmed up a little stiff for me, but I seem to have horrible luck with toasters. I may try to warm them in the oven next time - I'll keep you posted. But they were still awesome.

2 Comments:

  • MMMMM... I love Waffles... It's fun to throw things in there as they cook too. You can make fruit waffles with raisins or craisins, just pour your batter, and sprinkle them on the iron. Chocolate chips and fresh fruit would probably work too.

    By Blogger Stacey, At 12:57 PM  

  • After I was done, I smacked myself in the head for forgetting the pecans. Doh!

    Oh well, guess I'll just have to make another batch. :-D

    By Blogger Roe, At 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home