Domestic Goddesses

Friday, March 31, 2006

Kraft Food & Family Spring Issue is Here!

Yay, got my Kraft Food & Family issue the other day and got to curl up with it last night. Lots of good recipes in this one too, including a section on pasta. Mmm... pasta...

One of the recipes kind of made me roll my eyes, though - they have Kraft Supermac & Cheese Pasta and Sauce, and they claim to have made a few changes to the basic ingredients, to make the classic "smart". The only 'change' I see is that they call for fat-free milk and a '0g trans-fat spread' - huh? This is stuff I've been doing for years, this is not news! I think they even include 'lower fat' directions on the box. Were they that hard up for one more pasta recipe? Or did they need to support the Kraft Supermac & Cheese full-page ad on its adjacent page?

Anyway - the ish redeems itself with some very tasty and interesting recipes, including a fun mix & match guide to hot deli sandwiches. I think I may try my hand at the BBQ Beef one for Mike this weekend (myself, not so big on the deli), it's totally up his alley.

And I think I may have found an interesting breakfast/lunch recipe to try on Will, too. There is a cute Toad in the Hole Bake that puts a fried egg into the middle of a piece of bread with some cheese sprinkled on it. Very cute stuff!

Overall, another great issue. It's free, so check out the site and sign up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home