Domestic Goddesses

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Paula Deen's Lemon Blossoms

I was watching one day Paula's Home Cooking, and she shared this recipe for a dessert that, while not necessarily an eye dazzler, seems quite yummy, good for bringing to a party.

1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3.5 oz lemon pudding
3/4 cup veg. oil

Pre-heat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients in bowl, beat 2-3 minutes, turn up to medium speed 2 minutes.
Use a mini-muffin pan, fill 1/2 full. Bake for 12 minutes.

Glaze
1 lb. confectioner's sugar (sift out the lumps)
zest 1 lemon
3 tbs. oil
3 tbs. water
1/3-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
stir in pan, thickens slightly.

Take cakes out of muffin tin, pierce bottoms with fork and immerse in glaze.

4 Comments:

  • Oh man, this sounds soooo good. Paula Deen is great, but if I ate everything her recipes called for I think I'd look like Jabba the Hutt.

    MMmmmm... Southern cooking...

    By Blogger Roe, At 2:47 PM  

  • Right, so yummy, so comforting.

    By Blogger Linda, At 10:43 AM  

  • I love lemon.

    By Blogger Lauren, At 10:06 AM  

  • I've made these and they are SOOOO good! I don't recommend making them if you don't have somewhere to take them; otherwise you might eat them all... don't ask me why I know that! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home