Domestic Goddesses

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Corinne's Carrot Ginger Dressing

From my sister:

This is a good way to have really tasty dressing with no sugars or other mystery ingredients added.

2 tbsp mirin (Japanese cooking wine) or rice vinegar, or something else tasty
2 tbs miso paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 inch chunk of fresh ginger root
2 carrots
Black pepper to your personal taste

Blend them and then add water and blend again to get it to the consistency you want.

If you can't get miso paste or mirin, I think this still would be good with other savory things in it instead.
Maybe onions, oils, mustard or various herbs would be good. I just used what I had!

3 Comments:

  • Ooooh... I have to try this; whenever we go to a Japanese restaurant I love the carrot ginger dressing (I eat not only my salad but Mike's). Thanks!

    By Blogger Roe, At 9:46 AM  

  • I "heart" carrot ginger dressing... in fact I want to go to Dojo's and have a soyburger NOW!

    By Blogger Stacey, At 5:21 PM  

  • Oh man... Dojo's...

    By Blogger Roe, At 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home