Domestic Goddesses

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Granola!

So as I've just mentioned in my most recent blog entry, I tried Alton Brown's granola recipe on the Food Network site. It came out really tasty. I made few modifications, so if you're interested, read on as opposed to clicking the link:

Ingredients (my modifications are in blue)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews (I used 2 cups of mixed nuts - hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, and cashews)
3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins (I used 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup dried cranberries)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color. Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins (and cranberries) and mix until evenly distributed.

This recipe is so easy, my 6-year old helped me with it. If he weren't in a rush all the time, I would have let him do the whole thing rather than just pour the ingredients after I measured them out for him. Great recipe for kids.

1 Comments:

  • Yum! and I actually have most of the ingredients already. always a plus.

    By Blogger Lauren, At 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home