Domestic Goddesses

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie

This recipe I found years ago in a Martha Stewart magazine (I had to look at advertising on back of page, I'd forgotten!) I am not including info on making the crust here, unless you're interested (they talk about cutting out leaves.) I use the Pilsbury freezable ready to roll pie dough, works fine, saves you a few steps.

1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 large whole eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup

(I cheat above two ingredients here and use all Login Cabin, or mix up real maple syrup with some Log Cabin, I don't bother with buying corn syrup)

2 tablespoons bourbon or dark rum (I go bourbon)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
whipped cream (optional)

Lube up pie dish (i use copious amounts of butter), and place down pie shell.

Heat oven to 400. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, 4 whole eggs, corn syrup/ maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla. Add in pecan halves. Pour filling into pie shell, arrange.

Score outer rim of pie. Beat one egg yolk, and brush over hatch marks.

Chill pie for 30 minutes.

Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350. Bake until knife tip comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home