Domestic Goddesses

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Kraft Food & Family

Has anyone checked out the Kraft Foods website? They offer a magazine and e-mail for their Food & Family recipes - I got an actual magazine in the mail with about 50 recipes! Highly recommend checking out the site. For mothers like myself who feel powerless to pack a healthy lunch that doesn't include peanut butter & jelly, there are some fun ideas this time around. Heck, if you feel powerless to pack yourself a healthy lunch that doesn't include peanut butter & jelly, these are fun options!

- Pinwheel Bites - 1 slice whole wheat bread, crust removed, 1 tbsp Miracle Whip dressing (I've never actually had Miracle Whip - can I just use mayo? Anyone know?), 3 slices oven roasted turkey breast, 1 slice cheese. Flatten bread with a rolling pin, top with fillings. Roll up tightly, cut crosswise into 4 pinwheels. Stack 'em on top of each other and wrap in plastic wrap.

- Wrap & Roll Tortilla - Flour tortilla, 1 slice cheese, 3 slices oven roasted turkey breast, 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tbsp ranch dressing (I use fat-free, but hey - knock yourself out if you don't). Prepare tortilla, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place dressing in small resealable bag for dipping. (I love those itty bitty resealable plastic containers for stuff like this.)

- Lunchbag Cereal - 1 cup cereal (duh!), 1/4 cup raisins, 1 8 0z carton low fat milk (or to taste, that's a lot of milk for me - I likes my cereal crunchy). Place cereal and raisins in a round plastic bowl with sealable lid. Include a plastic spoon. Voila!

- Sandwich Puzzle - 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 tbsp cream cheese spread, 1 tbsp jam/preserves. Use a cookie cutter to cut shape into corner of sandwich. Cut lines away from shape to create separate pieces. Pack pieces in a plastic container with a sealable lid. (Heck, you can use peanut butter & jelly for this!)

So now that I've got to get seriously back on Weight Watchers - suffice to say the current size is starting to feel snug - I think I'll be incorporating some of these ideas into my own lunchbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home