Domestic Goddesses

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Flu-Buster Smoothie!

I got this smoothie from the Super Smoothies book by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford - their two smoothie books, Smoothies and Super Smoothies, have fantastic recipes. It's great for when you think you're coming down with a cold - in fact, I need to get some strawberries thawed for tomorrow morning to kick this one in the butt.

1 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup quartered fresh strawberries (I just thaw out my frozen ones)
3/4 cup diced papaya (again, I just thaw my frozen ones)
1 frozen banana, sliced

Combine the orange juice and strawberries in a blender. Add the papaya and banana. Blend until smooth.

Makes about 2 1/2 cups, serves 2

Weight Watchers out there - this is about 3 points - 174 calories, 1g fat, 6g fiber. 0mg of cholesterol or satured fat. 3g protein. Tasty beyond compare. I usually drink both servings because I've found the hard way that trying to blend up one serving's worth is more trouble than it's worth - two servings is still a 6-point breakfast, relatively low/normal, and it keeps me full longer. 12g of fiber in one sitting, hard to beat that!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home