Domestic Goddesses

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Will's Wicked Cinnamon-Raisin Bread

Okay, here's the recipe I started Will off with. It's from an old Gold Medal Bread Machine Recipe book that I got at the supermarket about a decade ago when my dad got me a bread machine. This recipe is really good and if you have any kids that are dying to start cooking with you but like me, you're too paranoid to let near a stove yet (Will was 4, I think), it's a great way to introduce them to baking.

A 1 1/2 pound recipe makes 12 slices; a 2 pound recipe makes 16 slices. Ingredients for the 2 pound recipe will be in parentheses.

Water - 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 cups)
Margarine or butter, softened - 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons)
Bread Flour - 3 cups (4 cups)
Sugar - 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup)
Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons (1 1/2 teaspoons)
Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon (1 1/2 teaspoon)
Bread Machine Yeast - 2 1/2 teaspoons (1 1/4 teaspoons)
Raisins - 3/4 cup (1 cup)

Make 1 1/2 pound recipe with bread machines that use 3 cups flor, or make 2 pound recipe with bread machines that use 4 cups flour.

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add raisins at the raisin/nut signal or 5-10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.

Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. (ROE'S NOTE: My machine has a Fruit/Nut cycle that I use, and it does signal when to add the raisins.) Use Medium or Light Crust color. Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.

Serving size is 1 slice. Calories -175, Fat 2g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbs 37g, Fiber 2g, Protein 4g. Probably about 3 points a slice for Weight Watchers like myself.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home