Domestic Goddesses

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Knit-A-Long!

Hullo!

So I've blogged over on RoeSpot about the wonder that is Ravelry. For those of you uninitiated or who haven't heard me blathering, suffice to say it's kind of like a knitter/crocheter's MySpace minus the drama.

I've also found myself a cozy home on the YarnThing group of Ravelry. YarnThing is one of the knitting podcasts I recently started listening to and love. Marly, the host, is hilarious - I love when you hear her kids yelling, "Mommy!" in the background; I love that like me, she's absolutely okay with laughing at herself and inviting others in on the joke, and I really appreciate that she has no problem saying, "I love this pattern, but I'm not knitting it in cashmere. Do you know how expensive that is?"

Marly recently suggested that the Ravelry group start a Knit-A-Long (KAL) on this beautiful cabled scarf in the latest issue of Vogue Knitting, and having only participated in one KAL up 'til now, I jumped on the bandwagon. So over the next month or so, I'll blog here about the process of knitting the scarf, show some pictures as it's constructed, and blather on incessantly. First entry coming soon. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home