Domestic Goddesses

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Entertainment...

So, our TV is ready to die. It makes this horrible booming sound whenever you turn it on. We're ready to buy a new one, we've chosen the model and store. The big issue is the removal of the old entertainment center, and the need to purchase a new one. Plus, if we're downsizing the furniture, where does all the stuff being stored in it go?

So, what I need from you is thoughts.

Where to buy an entertainment center?
What are good types to get...
Where can I put all of my stuff barring throwing it out? (DVD's, action figures, collectibles, game systems, dvd players, arrrgh)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You know I always show the Swedes some love (Ikea, baby, it's all about Ikea). But I believe Levitz is also going out of business, and you may be able to get some good deals on sturdier pieces.

    Shelves. Lots of nooks, crannies and shelves must be involved. I love the backing pieces with the cutout holes for the myriad of wires that come with today's standard of living. For some of the nicer collectibles, maybe a glass or hard acrylic cabinet.

    Target may have decent pieces; I've also found good stuff at Office Max and Staples.

    By Blogger Roe, At 11:17 AM  

  • Oooh, good point on Levitz...

    By Blogger Stacey, At 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home