Domestic Goddesses

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Operation: Kitchen Remodel, Planning Phase

I've decided I need to make over my kitchen. Because it's small and I loathe it. I've got buggery peeling linoleum tile on the floor that I just want to attack with a claw hammer and the wall by my stove is just awful with cooked-in crap. I try to scrub it, and the paint comes off (thanks, Home Depot).

It's a very happy yellow with country blue doors. And no storage. I don't have any counter space, which is death to someone who loves to cook and bake. I need a remodel.

Mike got me these awesome coffee towels - yes, I'm considering a remodel of my kitchen based on towels - haven't you seen that Lowe's commercial? - that are a turquoise and brown. I love that color pattern, it looks so good together! And then, I saw this new Corelle pattern - Rola - and it was decided.


I shall paint my kitchen the blue/turquoise, and the cabinet doors that brown/more like a latte. And I need this Corelle set. Let the games begin!
I think I'm going to put clear Contact paper on the walls to the left and in back of the stove, though. It's seriously nasty.

Photo-chronicling will follow...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I'm so with you on this... Adam and I were just having a similar discussion...

    By Blogger Stacey, At 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home