Domestic Goddesses

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Okay... the beginning stages...

Skipping the work that needs to be done in my wee kitchen, I turned to something slightly easier. I put up new curtains in one of my living room windows. Yes, you read that right; I have two windows, but only enough pin hooks for one set of panels. I'll run to the store tomorrow and get another bag for the other window. But wow, what a difference - the light, sheer crocheted (not handmade by me) type of textile lets so much light in, it's unbelievable.

Does anyone else have a problem with your windowsills having the paint just crack and splinter like crazy? I attacked my sills with a scraper today, and got most of the living room ones right down to the metal. I just know that if the apartment gets painted, like I want, they'll just paint over that split, cracked paint and the problem will just resurface in no time. I want to paint it over with a coat of Rust-o-leum, and then let them come in and do their thing. Maybe it'll help. Anyone have any ideas?

The sofa seriously needs some protection from my children and my coffee. But it's a sectional - anyone handy with making slipcovers for a sectional that they want to share? I have a denim slipcover from my last sofa, which I have to dig out and see if I can make it work on at least half of the sectional. Perhaps with some ingenious pinning? Anyone?

I want a bright, clean (well... as clean as I can get) space for the summer in my living room. I've got to give the area rug a complete scrubbing, but the floors are in good shape. I think I'll shanghai Stacey into spending a day here with me and coming up with some toy storage solutions and stuff like that. Come on, Stacey. You know you want to. I own all six seasons of Sex & The City... I'll help you refinish your floors...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I'm totally up for it.

    So, you know what you could do about the slipcover situation...

    A) Go to national Wholesale Liquidators, they sell discount slipcovers.

    B) Get some cute topsheets, and get a little creative.

    C) Make a custom slipcover... sewing challenge.

    D) I think slipcovers.com has some more sort of throw-over style covers.

    By Blogger Stacey, At 11:22 AM  

  • Name your date. I'll provide food (found a great bean burger recipe in Every Day Food, and you know I'm good for fresh muffins) and Sex & The City DVDs.

    By Blogger Roe, At 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home