Domestic Goddesses

Monday, May 14, 2007

In Which Roe Wanders Craft Stores Aimlessly, Searching for Inspiration...

I was at Rag Shop yesterday and saw the cutest fabric - and it was totally in line with what I want in the kitchen!! It was a canvas-type fabric, $7.99 a yard, and looked almost exactly like that Corelle "Rola" pattern on a turquoise background. I think I need to go back, buy a yard, and make some tea towels. Maybe get some cute grosgrain ribbon in brown or green to trim the bottoms. And threaten my husband's life if he ever uses them to clean up - I can't tell you how many cute tea towels are irrevocably ruined thanks to this... this is why my cute Target tea towels - the towels that are indeed, the inspiration for this whole remodeling initiative - are still in my linen closet, unused.

Here, just scanned the tea towel - how cute is this? The colors aren't too overpowering for a small kitchen, are they?

Yay for coffee!!!!
Creative Juice has a great idea, making clipboards for various projects, and I'm debating on putting one together for each room I want to work on. But then I'm afraid it'll just end up a mass of paper and scraps of fabric thrown on yet another pile that falls down whenever I reach for something. And since I'm desperate to get RID of things and DECREASE mess, I just don't want to face that. Ah hell, I'll save it to my ever-increasing Project Box on the site and hold onto it... just in case...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home